Glory to Jesus Christ! Слава Ісусу Христу!
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
On behave of the Clergy and the Board of Trustees I am sending you this letter to inform you that we will be opening the doors of St. Vladimir Cathedral on Sunday, June 7, 2020 to worshipers. There will be changes and we ask everyone to please cooperate and follow the instruction in this letter and in church. These are some of the changes you will notice, pews will be closed off, the nursery and bathrooms in the basement will be closed and so will the choir loft. We will have a small choir located in the Nave of the church. I think everyone is familiar with the social distancing rules and we ask you to follow them. We will mark off the aisles in six feet increments to help you with the social distancing.
Please understand our goal is to provide religious services for our faithful in a safe manner. To meet this goal, we ask all faithful over the age 65 and/or having underlying health issues (immunocompromised) that makes them vulnerable (high risk), to refrain from attending Sunday Services until the State of Ohio gives the approval for “High Risk” individuals to attend large events. We are asking this is of you for your own health and well-being. In addition, we are asking that children under the age of not attend the first Sunday, June 7, 2020. Initially, we will allow 80 people to attend Sunday Services, 40 for the English Service and 40 for the Ukrainian Service. We determine the best way of doing this to have you reserve your place for yourself and family by making a reservation. The reason for the reservation is we do not want someone arriving to the church only find that we reached our capacity and we cannot let them in to attend Sunday Service. We want to assure you as we go forward, we will increase this number. Further, we will try to ensure everyone who wants to attend Sunday Divine Liturgy will have an opportunity. For those who cannot attend Sunday Worship Service we will continue to live stream both Divine Liturgies on Facebook.
In addition, the Clergy, and the Board of Trustees thanks everyone who has financially supported the church especially during the past several months. We are asking for your continued support and to please continue to mail donations or to make them online at the parish website https://www.stvladimirs.org/donate1.
If you have any question please contact Fr. John at (440) 885-1509 or Fr. Michael Rectory Office: (440) 886-1528,
Mobile: (440) 915-0069.
Fr. John Nakonachny, Pastor Serhij Nahornyj, President of the Board of Trustees
How do I attend Church?
- For English Divine Liturgy contact Tamara Host Email: email@example.com Phone: 440-477-3596 and for Ukrainian Divine Liturgy Natalia Boechko Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 440-212-4186 or if you are friends on Facebook you can send a message. We are asking your contact information when making you reservation so we can contact you if the need arises. All reservations should be made no later than the Friday before the Sunday Service you wish to attend.
- What time is Divine Liturgy? English will start at 8:30 AM and Ukrainian will start at 11:00 AM. Ukrainian Liturgy must start later because we need to clean and sanitize the church between Liturgies. Times are subject to change. Please arrive 15 minutes before the start of the Liturgy.
- On Sunday arrive at church approximately 15 minutes before the Divine Liturgy and enter the church through the front double doors. You will be greeted in the vestibule please follow the instructions. We are asking everyone to bring their own mask. If you do not have one, one will be provided. We will check your temperature using a touchless thermometer if you have a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher you will not be allowed to enter. This is to ensure the health and well-being of our clergy their families and other parishioners. Please follow the instruction of the ushers who will guide you to your seat. Note pews will be marked were you may sit/stand. The aisle’s will be marked with tape showing the 6 ft apart. We ask everyone to maintain social distancing when in church. Also, because the church is an enclosed area, we are required to keep the air circulating so the fans will be running, you may want to bring a sweater or a light jacket.
How do I go to Confession, Communion, and obtain Holy Water?
- Confession will be provided in the Church during the week Monday thru Friday by appointment only. To schedule your appointment please contact Michael at Rectory Office: 440-886-1528,
Mobile: 440-915-0069 (Text Message), or Email: email@example.com.
- Communion – instructions will be provided during Church Service.
- Holy Water – Please contact Fr. Michael.
- Purchases candles to be lite in the Church. The sheet will be located on a table by the door to the office and a basket for your payment. Please bring exact change because we may not be able make change for you.
- Individuals wishing to request a Commemoration for the Living and/or Memorial Commemoration for the Deceased will be asked to prepare the list at home and drop it off in a basket. The Commemoration forms will be post on the parish website https://www.stvladimirs.org and you will be able to print it. The Commemoration request will be taken to the altar by one of the Brothers. Please bring exact change because we may not be able make change for you.
- If you wish to purchase something from the Parish Book Store please notify one of the ushers.